U.S. Embassies are committed to supporting U.S. companies to start exporting or grow their exports to El Salvador.
Below is a short description of El Salvador as an export market and some suggestions for getting started.
- Visit the export.gov page on El Salvador to get an overview of economic conditions and opportunities. The Country Commercial Guide provides useful starting point for U.S. business pursuing export and investment opportunities in El Salvador. Look at the Country Commercial Guide for El Salvador by clicking Doing Business in El Salvador.
- Contact your local U.S. Export Assistance Center for advice and support on exporting to El Salvador. Contact a Trade Specialist near you.
- Contact your local Small Business Development Center (SBDCs): Starting a business can be a challenge, but there is help for you in your area.
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) are partnerships primarily between the government and colleges/universities administered by the Small Business Administration and aims at giving educational services for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Contact in-country business support organizations such as the AmCham El Salvador.
Our office is located at the U.S. Embassy in El Salvador:
U.S. Commercial Service
Embassy of the United States of America
Boulevard y Urbanización Santa Elena, Antiguo Cuscatlán,
El Salvador, Central America
If you are sending mail from the United States:
AmEmbassy San Salvador
ATTN: U.S. Commercial Service
3450 San Salvador Place
Washington DC 20521-3450
Ph.: (503) 2501-3211
Fax: (503) 2501-3067