Location: El Salvador
- The Government of El Salvador reports 3,941 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 76 deaths and 2,041 recovered patients.
- Starting June 16, the Government of El Salvador will begin a five-phase approach to reopening the economy. As of today, the airport remains closed for commercial passenger travel.
United Airlines notified the U.S. Embassy that they will offer humanitarian flights for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents from El Salvador to Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Washington, D.C. and Newark, NJ. United Airlines is a private company. To purchase a ticket, please visit www.united.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2207-2040 / 2136-7590. Please do not contact the Embassy to purchase a ticket. United is offering flights on the following dates:
- Houston, TX (IAH)
- Wednesday, June 17 – Tuesday, June 30: United Airlines is offering a non-stop humanitarian flight to Houston, TX for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents every day in June. All flights will depart at 12:10 p.m
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Sunday, June 21 – Los Angeles, CA – Departure 14:10 p.m.
- Friday, June 26 – Los Angeles, CA – Departure 14:10 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 30 – Los Angeles, CA – Departure 14:10 p.m.
- Washington, D.C. (IAD)
- Thursday, June 18 – Washington, D.C. – Departure 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 23 – Washington, D.C. – Departure 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, June 28 – Washington, D.C. – Departure 9:30 a.m
- Newark, NJ (EWR)
- Monday, June 29 – Newark, NJ – Departure 10:00 a.m.
Traveling to the airport:
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight. Travelers exhibiting flu-like symptoms should not come to the airport. These individuals should self-quarantine and seek medical attention if their symptoms worsen.
- The airline will provide documents confirming your flight.
- Normal services at the airport are closed. Please take snacks, food, and water that you may need for your trip.
- We suggest travelers carry additional cash for their trip to cover any unexpected expenses.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program:
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to receive emergency messages. To enroll in STEP, visit https://step.state.gov/.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the webpage and twitter account of the Ministry of Health.
- Check the twitter account of the General Directorate of Migration of El Salvador for more information regarding entry restrictions.
- Consult entry restrictions at 503-2213-7778 or 503-2213-7700 or online at www.migracion.gob.sv.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in El Salvador
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador Final Boulevard Santa Elena
Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad
Telephone: 503-2501-2999 (24 hour phone line)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 2020-501-4444
- El Salvador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter