Location: El Salvador
- The Government of El Salvador reports 5,336 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 126 deaths and 3,116 recovered patients.
United Airlines and Avianca notified the U.S. Embassy that they will offer humanitarian flights for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents.
To purchase a ticket with Avianca, please follow the steps below. Please do not contact the Embassy to purchase a ticket.
- Go to www.avianca.com/sv/es/
- Select one-way trip.
- Enter the following route: origen SAL (San Salvador) and destination IAH (Houston).
- Select June 29.
- Enter the following promotion code: EUS34CHAE3
- Continue with the booking process.
Avianca will offer a flight on the following date:
- Houston, TX (IAH)
- Monday, June 29 – Houston, TX
If you currently have a ticket with Avianca for the same route (San Salvador to Houston), you can complete the following online form to change your flight date to June 29. Online form
To purchase a ticket with United Airlines, please visit www.united.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2207-2040 / 2136-7590. Please do not contact the Embassy to purchase a ticket. United is offering flights on the following dates:
- Houston, TX (IAH)
- Friday, June 26 – Sunday, August 2: United Airlines is offering a non-stop humanitarian flight to Houston, TX for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents every day through August 2.
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- June: 26, 30
- July: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
- August: 1
- Washington, D.C. (IAD)
- June: 28
- July: 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28
- Newark, NJ (EWR)
- June: 29
- July: 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
Traveling to the airport:
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight. Travelers exhibiting flu-like symptoms should not come to the airport. These individuals should self-quarantine and seek medical attention if their symptoms worsen.
- The airline will provide documents confirming your flight.
- Normal services at the airport are closed. Please take snacks, food, and water that you may need for your trip.
- We suggest travelers carry additional cash for their trip to cover any unexpected expenses.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program:
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to receive emergency messages. To enroll in STEP, visit https://step.state.gov/.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the webpage and twitter account of the Ministry of Health.
- Check the twitter account of the General Directorate of Migration of El Salvador for more information regarding entry restrictions.
- Consult entry restrictions at 503-2213-7778 or 503-2213-7700 or online at www.migracion.gob.sv.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in El Salvador
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador Final Boulevard Santa Elena
Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad
Telephone: 503-2501-2999 (24 hour phone line)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 2020-501-4444
- El Salvador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter