Location: El Salvador
Event: On March 11, the President of El Salvador announced an Executive Order barring the entry of foreigners.
The President of El Salvador stated that the following measures are to take effect immediately:
- The General Directorate of Migration will deny entry to all foreigners, excluding accredited diplomats and legal residents of El Salvador.
- Persons allowed to enter the country will be subject to a medical evaluation and possible 30-day quarantine.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to provide routine and emergency services to U.S. citizens.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the webpage and twitter account of the Ministry of Health.
- Check the twitter account of the General Directorate of Migration of El Salvador for more information regarding entry restrictions.
- Consult entry restrictions at 503-2213-7778 or 503-2213-7700 or online at www.migracion.gob.sv.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in El Salvador
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador
Final Bulevard Santa Elena
Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad
Telephone: 503-2501-2999 (24 hour phone line)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 2020-501-4444
- El Salvador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter