Location: Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico
Event: Hurricane Season in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico begins June 1 and ends on November 30, 2018, though most tropical cyclones typically develop between May and October. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in hurricane-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2018 Hurricane forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador Telephone: 503-2501-2999 (24 hour phone line)
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter