Dear U.S. citizen,
There are seats available on the evacuation flight that the U.S. Embassy in San Salvador is arranging to San Antonio, Texas on Tuesday, April 7. This flight is for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents only.
If you are interested in reserving a seat on this flight, please carefully read the following information AND complete the form below as soon as possible. We expect there will be high demand for this flight.
- There is limited seating on this flight and seats are assigned based on the order in which the U.S. Embassy receives the completed form below.
- Submitting this form does not guarantee you a seat on this flight. If you are assigned a seat, the U.S. Embassy will send you an email confirmation on Monday, April 6.
- Please note that this information does not pertain to flights with Eastern Airlines or United Airlines. If you are interested in humanitarian flights with Eastern Airlines or United Airlines, please visit www.goeasternair.com and www.united.com.
- DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE AIRPORT ON TUESDAY UNLESS YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION FROM THE U.S. EMBASSY. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BOARD.
- Our priority is the health and safety of U.S. citizens. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board the flight and travelers experiencing flu-like symptoms should not come to the airport. These individuals should self-quarantine and seek medical attention if their symptoms worsen. Your temperature will be taken at the airport.
Evacuation Flight Stipulations/Guidelines
- Payment: You will receive a bill after returning to the United States. While the exact cost of the flight has not been determined, the price should be comparable to a full-fare economy commercial flight available before the COVID-19 outbreak. Upon arrival at the airport, be prepared to pay $50 in cash for airport taxes and fees imposed by the Salvadoran government.
- Destination: Destination options are limited. While the flight will land in the United States, you will be responsible for arranging and paying for travel to your final destination, including domestic flights, lodging, and local transport costs. The destination for this flight is San Antonio, Texas.
- Transportation to the airport: All individuals will be responsible for their personal transportation to the airport in El Salvador. U.S. citizens with a confirmed reservation will receive a letter from the U.S. Embassy indicating their authorization to travel to the airport to be used at any checkpoint.
- Baggage: Baggage space will be limited. You should bring one checked bag (40 lbs. max) and one carry-on bag only. Additional luggage cannot be accommodated as our priority is returning U.S. citizens who wish to be repatriated to the United States.
You must fill out this form (CLICK HERE) as soon as possible if you want to be considered for a seat on Tuesday’s evacuation flight. Please do not call the U.S. Embassy to place your name on the list for possible evacuation flights. The flight and destination are subject to change without notice.
By submitting this form, you acknowledge and accept the above-mentioned terms and conditions. Submitting the form DOES NOT guarantee a seat on the flight. The U.S. Embassy will contact you on Monday, April 6 if you are confirmed a seat.