The U.S Embassy reminds U.S citizens in El Salvador to submit the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) in order to register to vote overseas and to receive an absentee ballot for the upcoming 2020 elections. We suggest you register as soon as possible. Most states will send an absentee ballot at least 45 days prior to the election. The 2020 U.S. elections are on November 3.
Follow the steps below to vote in the 2020 U.S Elections:
- Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website and select â€œRequest an Absentee Ballotâ€.
- Select the state where you reside and are registered to vote in the United States, or the state you last resided in.
- Select your jurisdiction. This is the county of your current or previous residence.
- Provide your address in the United States. Your address is valid even if you no longer live there.
- Provide your current overseas address to receive your absentee ballot.
- Review your data before printing the Federal Postal Card Application (FPCA).
- Print, sign, and date your Federal Postal Card Application.
- Send your Federal Post Card Application to your corresponding local election office. You will find instructions on how and where to send your FPCA when you print the application.
- Receive your absentee ballot at your overseas address.
- Vote and send back the absentee ballot.
You are not able to vote at the U.S. Embassy.
If you require assistance completing the absentee ballot registration and application process, please contact the American Citizens Services Unit through our email address ACSSanSal@state.gov or call us at 2501-2999 option 1. You can drop off your completed Federal Post Card Application or ballot at the American Citizens Services Unit on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. â€“ 11:00 a.m. You do not need an appointment to drop off your ballot.