The United States Embassy in San Salvador has consular jurisdiction for all of El Salvador.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit in the Consular Section is open every business day from 7:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. with the exception of U.S. and Salvadoran holidays and the first Friday of each month as an administrative closure.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit does not handle visa inquiries o any other immigration benefit. For visa questions (Immigrant and Non-Immigrant) you may visit the Visa Services Page.
Starting on September 12, 2017 you will need an appointment for all services provided by ACS (including passports, consular reports of birth abroad (CRBA), follow-up appointments and notarial services). We will not accept appointments more than 15 minutes before or after the scheduled appointment time.
An appointment is required per person. If several people need to apply for ACS services, they must schedule one for each individual. To make an appointment, please click here.
For information about federal benefits, please click here.
- U.S. Citizens with emergencies, please call (503) 2501-2999
- Emergencies outside of office hours, contact: (503) 2501-2999
- Calling from outside of El Salvador: (301) 985-8840 x – 2999
- For non-emergency inquiries please send an e-mail to ACSSanSal@state.gov
- This e-mail inbox is monitored from Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am until 5:00 pm and Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. except for US and Salvadoran holidays.