If you are a U.S citizen and your biological child was born in El Salvador, he or she might be eligible to obtain U.S citizenship. If you comply with the requirements established by the Immigration and Nationality Law of the United States, you can apply for your child´s Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). To submit a successful application, the U.S citizen parent(s) must:
• Establish U.S citizenship prior to the child´s birth
• Prove biological relationship with the child
• Present evidence of physical presence in the United States prior to the Childs’s birth.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY FOR A CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD?
Please view informative video to understand more about this process.
If you consider that you meet the requirements mentioned above and, on the video, you can request your appointment for a consular interview as follows:
1. Complete the forms and gather all documents detailed in this requirement list. Please read instructions carefully.
2. Scan and save as a single file in PDF format all documents mentioned in the list.
3. Send the PDF file as an attachment to the following email: SanSalvadorCRBA@state.gov .
Note: Documents that come from links, photo images, drives, clouds, or in another format will not be accepted.
IMPORTANT: Please use your child´s complete name as the subject on the email, and add a local, or U.S. telephone number, as body content.
WHAT TO DO AFTER SENDING THE EMAIL WITH THE ATTACHED PDF FILE?
The estimated time to receive a response to your appointment request for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad is from 3 to 5 business days. Please do not send your email again if you haven’t received a replied phone call within the stipulated time.
• You will be contacted by phone if documents submitted are complete, and an appointment will be scheduled.
• You will be contacted through email if documents submitted are incomplete, or discrepancies have been found for your review.
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINMENT IF THE DOCUMENTATION IS INCOMPLETE