Documents to upload to complete the electronic Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) application.  

To complete the electronic Consular Report of Birth Abroad you will be required to individually upload the documents listed below. The originals of these documents MUST be presented in original the day of your interview.

Civil Documents: 

    • Child’s Salvadoran Birth Certificate.
    • Identification documents for both parents (passport/local ID). For the transmitting parent it is mandatory to present a valid US passport.
    • Naturalization Certificate of transmitting parent (if applicable).
    • Marriage Certificate, if the child’s parents are married
    • Death Certificate, if any of the parents have passed away
    • Divorce decree(s) (if applicable). You must submit ALL past divorce decrees of both parents.

Remember: You must scan all documents front and back, save them on your computer, and then upload them individually to the platform. Please note civil documents (birth, marriage, death, and divorce certificates) are not required to be recently issued and you must submit the same documents that you uploaded, do not change them

 Additional documents to present the day of your interview.

 In addition to the original documents requested above, the day of your interview you will need to present the following documents to prove the biological relation to the child and  physical presence in the United States prior to the child’s birth:

Proof of Biological Relationship

Evidence of Physical Presence in the United States PRIOR to the child’s birth:

  • Tax return, 1040 and W-2 forms, IRS Transcripts
  • Stamped academic transcripts.
  • Military Service Records DD-214
  • Employment records, proof of employment
  • Rent and utility bills.
  • Consular report of birth abroad previously issued to an older sibling.
  • Immunization records or medical records
  • Deeds, property rental leases
  • Previous passports with entry and exit stamps.
  • Other documents that can ONLY be obtained in the United States

Passport Application

If you will apply for the child’s U.S. passport at your CRBA appointment, you must present the following documents the day of your interview:

  • Form DS-11 already filled out.
  • One photo of your child size 2×2 inches with a white background.
  • Pay the $135 passport fee for children 15 years old or under, and $165 for young adults 16 or 17 years old. This fee is paid at the U.S. Embassy on the date of your appointment in cash or by credit card.