Step 1 – Select your application

Select your application: You must fill out the correct form by reading the following scenarios:

You can access the form(s) that corresponds to your situation by opening each form link. Once on the site, you can download the form, print it, and fill it out manually. Or you can use the form filler option to complete it electronically and print it when finished. Please note: Forms are physically submitted, not electronically. You must submit the latest version of each form. Links below will provide you with the latest versions,

Form Used For

Application for U.S. Passport

  • Applying for the first time.
  • Children under 16 whether applying or renewing.
  • Applicants applying for their first adult passport. Usually applicants between 16 & 25 years old, who’s current valid, or expired passport, was issued for a 5-year validity.
  • Lost and stolen passport.
  • Replacing a materially damaged passport.
  • Anyone not eligible for Form DS-82

 Application for U.S. Passport

  • Renewing an adult’s 10-year validity passport that expired less than five years ago.

Application for U.S. Passport

  • Changing a name within one year of issuance.
  • Correcting a passport error within one year of issuance.
  • Replacing a Limited Validity passport within one year.

Statement regarding a lost or Stolen

U.S. Passport Book and/or Card

  • To report a lost or stolen passport.
    Both children and adult use this form.

This form is used in conjunction with DS-11 form



Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a minor under age 16

(Must be signed by a notary)


  • When a minor under the age of 16 applies for a passport and one of the minor’s parents (or both) is unavailable to at the time of the interview.
  • This works as a statement of consent, and if not submitted, the minor may not be eligible to receive a U.S. passport.

Statement of exigent/special family circumstances for issuance of a U.S. Passport to a minor underage 16

  • The use of this form is required when the applicant cannot obtain a notarized written consent from the minor’s parents/legal guardian.
  • To explain the reason why the statement of consent cannot be obtained.


Go to Step 2