The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in San Salvador is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
If you have a question regarding the visa process or a visa case, you may contact our Visa Information Center free of additional cost. Our customer service representatives are able to assist you Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Schedule provided in Central Time) via the following means:
· Telephone: From El Salvador call 2113-3122, from the United States call (703) 745-5476;
· Email: Write to the Visa Information Center electronic address email@example.com;
· Skype: You may contact our representatives via their Skype account; add this account to your contact list: ustraveldocs_centralamerica;
· Online Chat: You may also chat live with one of our representatives, click this link:
· Website: You can learn about the visa process and schedule your visa appointment at any time visiting the Visa Information Center official website ustraveldocs.com
· Victims of Scam: If you consider you have been a victim of a visa scam write your complaint to DenunciaSV@state.gov or call 2524-3030.
Visiting the Embassy or Consulate
Limited Access to Visa Applicants to the Consular Section
Please be aware: Access to the Consular Section facilities and waiting areas for the visa applicants is limited to visa applicants ONLY. The following exceptions apply:
- Elderly visa applicants that require assistance**
- Children under 18 years old accompanied by parent(s) or the legal representative
- Handicapped visa applicants that require assistance**
**If an applicant has special needs and requires assitance on the day of your interview, they may be accompanied by a family member or legal guardian. Attorneys will not be permitted to accompany applicants into the waiting room or attend the interview.
We kindly request that you make all the necessary arrangements to comply with this new policy to avoid delays. There is no waiting area outside the embassy walls for family members.
Please Bring Your Visa Appointment Letter Ready to Show to the Greeters at the Entrance
The Embassy is closed for visa appointments on American and Salvadoran holidays and the first Friday of each month as an administrative closure. Holidays are announced at this link and are also posted monthly at the Chancery entrance of the Embassy, located on the Boulevard Santa Elena.