Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador (November 16, 2020)
Location: El Salvador
Event: Weather forecasts indicate that the remnants of Hurricane Iota will pass through El Salvador over the next few days as a tropical storm or depression, generating dangerous winds and rainfall throughout the country. This storm is likely to create dangerous floods and mudslides that can cause injuries, damage homes and businesses, and block roads.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and the Civil Protection Agency website www.proteccioncivil.gob.sv for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Inform a friend or family member of travel plans over the upcoming week.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit (ready.gov).
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- El Salvador Emergency Line: Dial 911
- U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador
Final Boulevard Santa Elena
Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad
Telephone: 503-2501-2999 (24 hour phone line)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive any updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter