Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador (October 30, 2023)
El Salvador – Country-Wide
Tropical Storm Pilar is expected to produce heavy rains with flash and urban flooding as well as mudslides and other tropical storm conditions through Wednesday, November 1. The Government of El Salvador has issued a national Red Alert and closed schools and universities through November 1. Monitor local news for developments.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel within El Salvador until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Monitor the track and development of Tropical Storm Pilar at https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- Track local updates through the website and social media feeds of El Salvador Civil Protection: https://www.proteccioncivil.gob.sv/ Twitter: @PROCIVILSV
- Assistance: U.S. Embassy San Salvador, El Salvador
o U.S. Citizens with emergencies please call +503 2501-2999 or email ACSSanSal@state.gov. o Website: https://sv.usembassy.gov/
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates: https://step.state.gov
- Read more of natural disaster preparedness at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/what-can-you-do-crisis-abroad/natural-disasters.html.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter